The Duke University Medical Center Library's Document Delivery/Interlibrary Loan Services are available to Duke Medicine faculty, staff, and students. If you need to request articles or books or items not available at Duke, this service can help you. How do I use this service? How much does this cost? *Warning Concerning Copyright Restrictions*
How much does this cost?Articles/Book Chapters
- Available in the Medical Center Library Print Collection - FREE
- Available from Duke Off-Site Stacks (LSC) or another Duke library - FREE
- Not available at Duke - $11 per article plus copyright fees or additional charges.
If the charges exceed $11, we will ask you to authorize the additional cost before processing the order.
- Rush requests will cost an additional $3 per item.
- Medical Student Pilot Program - No cost to Medical Students. Read more
- Available from any Duke Library or from Duke Off-Site Stacks (LSC) - FREE. Please request these items through the library catalog.
- Only available from a non-Duke library - FREE. Please request these using this system.
*Warning Concerning Copyright Restrictions*
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials.
Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research". If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
By submitting ILL requests, *I agree* to abide by the above copyright restrictions.